DRIVE PARK (no-charge-access zone, ticket required for test drives/rides)
The designated area for hands-on fun with different kinds of vehicles! Events and activities held here will appeal to a broad public, not just to established car and bike enthusiasts, and will include:
- Test drives of latest-model cars and bikes, stage events, and demonstration runs
- Racing and custom-built car displays, with the collaboration of Tokyo Auto Salon and MotorSports Japan
- The official Japan premiere of the FAI Drone Race (tentative), with world-class players competing at high speed in nighttime skies.
OPEN ROAD (no-charge-access zone, ticket required for mobility rides)
The 1.5 km-long “Open Road,” a showcase feature of this year’s Tokyo Motor Show, will link the Ariake and Aomi areas in the show’s venue. Personal/micro-mobility models will help you on your journey along the Open Road, where exhibits and displays will feature wide-ranging examples of land/sea/air mobility.
FUTURE EXPO (no-charge-access zone)
At the “Future Expo” event in the MEGAWEB venue, visitors will have a “typical day in the near future” experience. Participating in the exhibit will be 61 companies and organizations, including members of the All Japan Business Committee such as NTT, Panasonic, NEC, and Fujitsu. Visitors will view and interact with the more than 100 items and cutting-edge technologies and services on display.
In the Aomi Exhibition Hall, an “imaginary city at work” will be set up, in collaboration with KidZania, where children will don the uniforms and “perform” the work of specific professions in the services sector.
In addition, also at MEGAWEB, various exciting, high-profile e-Motorsports competitions featuring the use of “Gran Turismo Sport” PlayStation®4 software will be held including:
- The global FIA Gran Turismo Championship 2019 World Tour 5 competition in which top players from all over the world will gather to race at the highest level
- The Under-18 All Japan Championships pitting against one another all 47 of the winners of the preliminary competitions held regionally throughout Japan
- The “TMS2019 Exhibiting Manufacturers’ Competition”
- The “One-Make” races (e.g., the “GR Supra GT-CUP” final) in which all the competitors drive the same specific vehicle model.
®PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Photo at right: ©2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc.
The Tokyo Motor Show’s first-time collaboration with the Japan Supercar Association!
Fabulous Supercars will be on display at various locations throughout the show’s venue.